Muslims and Christians agree that worshipping anything or anyone other than Allah is idolatry. Muslims often ask, “Why do Christians worship Isa Al-Masih?” This is a great question because both Muslims and Christians consider worshipping anything/anyone other than Allah a very serious sin.
The Injil and the Quran write that Isa was holy and the Word of Allah. He performed miracles and raised the dead. Isa is in heaven and will judge all people. Is it possible that Isa Al-Masih also has the same attributes and power as Allah? The answer determines if our worship will be acceptable to Allah.
Seven Reasons Why Christians Worship Isa Al-Masih
- Isa created the universe and everything in it including us. “For by him [Isa] all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible . . . all things were created through him and for him” (Injil, Colossians 1:16).
- Isa was holy and can help us overcome sin. “He [Isa] committed no sin . . .” (Injil, 1 Peter 2:22).
- Isa received worship. “And those in the boat worshiped him [Isa] . . .” (Injil, Matthew 14:33). “He said, ‘Lord, I believe,’ and he worshiped him [Isa]” (Injil, John 9:38).
- All angels worship Isa. “Let all God’s angels worship him [Isa]” (Injil, Hebrews 1:6).
- Isa has the power to forgive sins. “I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins” (Injil, Matthew 9:6).
- Isa gives assurance of salvation to everyone who believes in Him. “. . . who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life” (Injil, 1 John 5:13).
- Isa will be the Judge on Judgment Day. “But they will give account to him [Isa] who is ready to judge the living and the dead” (Injil, 1 Peter 4:5).
Allah commands us to worship Isa because Allah and Isa are One. “. . . God . . . gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord” (Injil, Philippians 2:9-11). Please email us if you don’t agree with Christians worshipping Isa.
The Divinity of Isa Al-Masih
The Injil declares that Isa Al-Masih has the same attributes and power as Allah. So, according to Allah’s Word we should worship Isa.
We encourage you to study the verses above and ask Allah the Creator to show you if Isa is the way, truth, and life. Please contact us if you want to learn more about Isa.
If you have a question regarding this article, please contact us by clicking this link.
QUESTIONS FOR CONTEMPLATION
- Before reading this article, what was your opinion when you hear that Christians worship Isa Al-Masih?
- What is your opinion after reading this article? Please explain your answer!
- If the seven reasons above are true, will it change the way you worship Allah? Do you need to change how you worship Allah? Please explain!
We encourage our readers to comment on the article above. Comments that don’t directly relate to the topic will be removed.
[We invite you to visit us at https://www.isaandislam.com/way-of-salvation to learn more about God’s gift of Salvation. God loves you and waits to hear from you. Isa clearly said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (Injil, John 14:6). For a deeper understanding of Isa, we suggest you subscribe to “Isa, Islam, and Al-Fatiha” at this link.]
RULES FOR COMMENTING
We reserve the right to edit or delete, in part or in whole, comments that contain words or phrases that are offensive, disrespectful, or aggressive in nature as well as comments that do not relate to the topic article. Furthermore, we reserve the right to edit comments to correct grammar or sentence structure to improve its readability.
1. Please use clear and unabbreviated language.
2. Please relate questions and comments to the article.
3. Please do not post more than two questions.
4. Please be polite and unaggressive.
5. Please use only English or give the English translation of non-English words.
6. Please use only one box.
7. Please do not use forms of emphasis such as capital letters, etc…