“Why did people want to kill Isa Al-Masih?” some Muslims ask. That’s a very good question. Two groups of people actually wanted Isa dead. How come? Is Isa Al-Masih worth following then?
Isa Al-Masih’s Character and Actions
Isa Al-Masih had excellent character. Not only that, He never sinned. The Quran and the Bible confirm this truth. Isa Al-Masih was a “. . . pure boy” (Qs 19:19) and “. . . in Him [Isa Al-Masih] is no sin” (Injil, 1 John 3:5).
Isa Al-Masih always loved and respected other people. Women or men, rich or poor, healthy or sick, enemies or friends, He always did good to others.
Isa Al-Masih frequently helped people with disabilities. In the Quran He said, “. . . I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead . . .” (Qs 3:49).
One of His greatest miracles was when He healed a paralyzed man and forgave his sins at the same time. “. . . He [Isa Al-Masih] said to the paralyzed man, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven’” (Injil, Mark 2:5).
Isa Al-Masih’s Extraordinary Teachings
Isa Al-Masih’s teachings were extraordinary. Here are just five examples from the Gospels:
- “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31).
- “. . . anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment” (Matthew 5:22).
- “. . . anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
- “. . . love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matthew 5:44).
- “. . . when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing” (Matthew 6:3).
From Isa Al-Masih’s character, actions and teachings, we can see that He was kind and loving. What do you think about Isa Al-Masih? Send your answer through this email.
The Reason: Isa Al-Masih’s Claims
Why did people want to kill Isa Al-Masih? It was because He claimed to be equal with Allah. Isa claimed, “I and the Father [Allah] are one.” Then the Jews picked up stones to stone Him. Isa asked why they wanted to stone Him. They answered, “. . . You . . . claim to be God” (Gospels, John 10:30-33).
From that moment on they wanted to kill Isa Al-Masih. Finally, they succeeded when He died on the cross.
However, that was not the end. Three days later Isa Al-Masih was resurrected and came back to life. He is now in heaven with Allah. Isa willingly sacrificed himself so that everyone who believes in Him will not suffer in hell, but will live with Him in heaven forever. He died so we could live.
SOME QUESTIONS FOR THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW
We encourage our readers to comment on the article above. Comments that don’t directly relate to the topic will be removed. Please start a dialogue with us by focusing on one of the following questions:
- In your opinion, is there anyone else who’s character, actions and teachings are more excellent than Isa Al-Masih? Explain your answer.
- Why would people want to kill Isa Al-Masih if he just taught about love and healed the sick, but never claimed that He was equal with Allah?
- If the above claims of Isa Al-Masih are true, how should we respond to Him? Why?
[We invite you to visit us at http://www.isaandislam.com/way-of-salvation to learn more about God’s gift of Salvation. God loves you and waits to hear from you. Jesus clearly said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (Injil, John 14:6). For a deeper understanding of Jesus, we suggest you subscribe to “Isa, Islam, and Al-Fatiha” at this link.]